International Experience Canada Program

Foreign nationals aged 18 to 35 from one of 36 countries can live and work in Canada as part of the International Experience Canada Program. There are three categories under the IEC program

  1. Working Holiday
    Candidates receive open work permits that allow them to work anywhere in the host country.
  2. International Co-Op (Internship)
    Candidates receive employer-specific work permits for students to gain experience in their field of study.
  3. Young Professionals
    Young Professionals participants receive an employer-specific work permit to gain targeted, professional work experience that is within their field of study or career path.

Canada’s immigration department publishes a list of recognized organizations that provide services under the International Experience Canada Program. The approved organisations provide services for a fee to both Canadians going abroad and foreign nationals coming to Canada. Services might include help finding a job, somewhere to live, or with travel arrangements. The organizations are either Canadian with offices overseas, of international with offices in Canada.

Check Also

How much is DV Lottery participation?

How much is DV Lottery participation?

Money, money, money… Sure, this is a big question for all participants of the Lottery. …